Friday, July 28, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 003 - Medical Emergency

DAY THREE (CONT)

We began to have a chat about the world of Eve and he informed me that he used to be a pirate. I was not sure whether this was something to be worried about or reassured by.

At this point I jumped into the next system and when I got to the gate to the next system on from there, I saw that the player with the 5.0 standing was there waiting for me.

Clearly with such a high standing, he was no doubt waiting to safely usher me along in my heroic journey.

This was the result:



Destroyed items:

Basic Miner (Cargo)

I had gone a total of around 22 jumps into 0.0 before my first death. He then proceeded to ruthlessly pod me and I respawned at my clone station, making sure to pay 1024 isk for my new clone. (A princely sum indeed).

I continued in my conversation with Jackamo and told him I had just been killed. He recommended a different station, far into 0.0 and so I set my course for that one and after purchasing a new shuttle, began my journey yet again. "If at first you don't succeed, then try and try again." I decided that this would be my new motto.

I did not convo Rathama and did not send hate mail. If I am going to live out here, I should embrace death with a smile, every time it happens..... I just wish he had ransomed my pod for the 1024 isk cost of my clone and the 1500 isk platinum insurance I took out on my shuttle! I wonder if I would have caved in and paid. We will never know.

A few jumps later, Jackamo informed me that he had been "pulled out of warp by a deadspace camp" close to empire space, in 0.0 and had been destroyed by a bunch of ruthless bandits. I did not know such a thing was even possible.

Now I realised I was not even safe while in warp. Eve is a crushing and brutal place........

I flew on, deeper and deeper into the night, a myriad systems whooshing by, with not a single Concord sergeant major to protect me as I propelled myself towards my unknown destiny. Perhaps Jackamo was sending me 20 jumps to my death or perhaps he was just a nice guy, offering a n00b some helpful advice.

Amazingly, 20+ jumps later, I arrived unscathed and promptly docked at the station.

NO MEDICAL FACILITIES! ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I called up my map and saw that there was a station just 2 jumps away, with a recent ship kill. I had no choice, I had to risk it. I hoped and prayed that it would have a medical bay.

Two eternity-lasting jumps and I was there, propelling myself toward the station, my n00b heart racing uncontrollably. I was not attacked and managed to dock safely.

YES, MEDICAL BABY! BRING ON THE NURSES!



I paid approximately 5000 isk to transfer my clone, and a big grin spread across my face as I realised I was safely cloned, around 20+ jumps deep into 0.0.

According to the map, I was halfway between empire space and the outer reaches of nowhere. This seemed like a good place to base myself, although Jackamo warned me that this station was "dodgy"...

After a celebratory undocking from the station, followed by a quick redocking, I decided I would push on, even further into the dark beyond......

(to be continued......)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can filter stations by services. Go into the map and look for the stars display options and scroll down till you see stations services...

4:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so dissapointed that you got killed by that guy. I actually said "Awww..." to myself.
You certainly write this stuff very well, I'm hooked on your adventure.

8:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need more!

8:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need more!

8:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home