Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 061 - Titanic (Part 2)

Titanic (Part 2)

I was still attempting to recover from the incredible excitement of the events that had transpired earlier that day. My brain was struggling to process the amazing sights that I had witnessed.

I can honestly say that it was such a vision of true beauty, that in the entire history of art, poetry, music and all things sweet and romantic, nothing in the long-reaching span of humanity had ever come close to the perfection that I had witnessed.


It was truly beautiful:



The titan wasn't too bad either...


Later that evening I attended a secret location somewhere mysterious in ASCN space, and was to be part of an incredible event that was to be the icing on the very cake of my crazy adventure:



A tremendous and overwhelming sense of excitement built up inside of me, as the realisation dawned on me that I was to become one of the first people in EVE ever to be brutally murdered by a titan. I suddenly felt like I was a young child once more, filling with wonder and glee at the prospect of the monumental event that was just minutes away...


I took a moment to thank CYVOK for the earlier events:




The next 120 seconds seemed like an eternity, almost as if the strands of time themselves had deliberately elongated, in an agonising stretching of temporal perception.

A million emotions flooded through my nervous system, as tiny electrical impulses of delight stimulated areas of my mind that brought forth senses of unsurpassed elation and joy.


The moment had arrived


A loud sound filled the "air" and my entire screen suddenly went pure brilliant white, completely blinding me with its sheer dazzling starkness.



The whiting effect must have lasted for at least 5-10 seconds, during which I sat stunned, in total awe, and unable to speak for the duration.

As the light faded into the nothingness of space, I looked around me to see the remnants of most of the ships in the area being simultaneously destroyed with a loud POP:




Suddenly, it was all over....


For a long while, there was a stunned silence amongst the very small group of people who were present in Local at this secret test-base, and after managing to regain my composure I then learned how CYVOK had brought about the construction of this truly incredible ship:



After being somewhat surprised by this revelation, I decided to change the subject and quickly enquired about the training involved in becoming the sole pilot of the most incredible vessel in EVE:



It was most definitely an expensive and arduous labour of love, and it had certainly had gone down in history as being the most incredible achievement to date.

I then noticed that my EVEMAIL was flashing, and I nervously and excitedly opened it to discover the official confirmation that I had not just spent the past 15 minutes in a dream:


*Location deleted to respect confidentiality:




It was now official. I had truly become one of the first ever players in EVE to have been mercilessly and bitterly ravaged at the hands of the most gargantuan brute in existence. I could not believe my eyes.



I had not been number one, although seventh was more than good enough for me. It had been a true honour and a great privilege to be present at this event and the entire experience had completely made my day.

The wonders of this EVE universe never cease to astonish me, and I can only begin to dream of what yet awaits me, as I continue my flights of fancy into this alluring and enchanting world of wonder.


(to be continued...)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Blob in eve is safe

12:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pfew i can't beleive you saw the first titan, it's... wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Band of Brothers and Acendant Frontier have declared war on each other over the disputed territory of Paragon Soul. Band of Brothers is leading this attack, with the assistance of D2. THis war has been loomin for a while, but has been quickend by the production of Acendant Frontiers Titan.

With tensions on the rise, even empire space will not be unaffected by this war.

Stay tuned for more news from the front.

1:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BoB vs ASCN : looks like you have your next itinerary delivered on your doorstep.

I hope BoB fleetcommand hands out 'anti panic glasses' to their fighterpilots, in case they come across the Titan...

new career for you:
Welcome ladies and gentlemen, this is UNN (universe news network) with the latest news from the battlefield, brought to you by our fearless reporter INNOM

2:45 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

I intend to report on it vigorously...

3:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please do
i wont be going to 0.0 anytime soon and i'd love to hear how events unfold

ErbUs

3:35 am  
Blogger andy_t_roo said...

is it my imagination or is that a domi still alive in that picture w/ the exploding ships?

(note to self, buy a good tank for domi when next going near ASCN space)

6:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, the domi's a tough ass ship, with the right resists i bet it didn't put the domi below half armour, but still, wow at the pods floating around. That was simply brilliant Innominate, genious...

7:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks to me like the domi could have warped in after CYVOK blew that place to hell

8:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got it on good authority that a BS with the right setup could tank at least 2 hits from the Doomsday device... though it would be gimped for fighting.

8:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Random comment, I have been following this blog since the getgo, its hilarous but my EVE knowledge is lacking to say the least. Could someone tell me please, is anything Bigger! than a TITAN ship? or is the ultimate when it comes to fighting vessels! The Black Pearl of Space?! if you will

10:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Titan is the largest vessel that can be constructed in EVE.

As for the dominix, it was setup specifically to armor tank EM damage and had a lot of armor.

12:28 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Statix, There is only one completed Titan in existence in EVE, it was just built the other day.

It is the ultimate ship, and every pilot's dream (apart from mine. My dream ship is obviously the "Nightmare")

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet, Thanks for the info. Now I just want to see it go to WAR!!

..I really like the dream of the Safe zone in 0.0 but in order to create this safe heaven you will need to build a fleet to protect it.

So amass the greatest Peace fleet known to EVE and rain down Peace on any Pirate that moves to oppose you and you Peace loving brotherhood. Once you have established your Safe Zone you can use it to springboard Peace attacks across the Galaxy..

Once people realise that Peace is coming the pirates amoung them will flee in terror making it easy to track them down. Those who stay around can be asimilated into your Army of Peace and heavily taxed to support the fleet...

.. just an idea..

3:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well u havent been the first 1 to get killed by a superweapn from a titan,, (well you are on tranquility)

but on TEST SERVER well i got killed by it by a FEW times like atleast 7. differnt times.

5:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, innom you should do a spin-off day and log into singularity, just to comment on the insanity there. I would love to hear your take on it.

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home