Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 051 - Peas In A Pod (Part 2)

Peas In A Pod (Part 2)

I began to wonder if I was about to be held hostage once more, as had happened in that glorious region called Stain.

Podee was clearly a woman on a serious mission, and was absolutely hell-bent on bringing about my downfall. I knew from experience that when a pilot wanted something so very badly, that they resolutely refused to let anyone stand in their way, the universe would always be sure to happily agree to their demands.


I suspected that my excruciating podding was imminent......




However, having recently become a wealthy CEO of a corporation that did less than the world's laziest man chopped into a million pieces, mixed with the result of an American factory foreman of a plastic alphabet toy factory instructing a member of staff to place the last letter of the alphabet at the end of a row on a conveyor belt ("lay Z"), reassembled into a man called Lazy Laze, and then used to create a three-part collector's edition box set of word-play superheroes with his loyal friends Strongy Strong and Tighty Tight, I was beginning to develop more of an ever-stronger sense of self-identity than a boisterously overconfident man who had accidentally superglued an oversized "glow-in-the-dark" mirror to his face...


Maybe I would decide to deny her the chance to pod me:




It would appear that Podee's Modus Operandi was to traverse the universe in order to fiercely annoy and incite as many pilots as possible into raising arms against her, in a hostile act of carnage-filled retribution.

She had become highly skilled at this art of inflammatory pod combustion and a short time later I bore shocking witness to her ability to ragingly agitate and infuriate:



Despite our valiant attempts to bring about our simultaneous destruction, xroxor resolutely refused to become embroiled in it.

It would seem that a lot of these residents of the outer fringes of empire were 0.0 wannabes who had not yet struck up the guts and courage to move out with the big boys...

They were quick to shoot their mouths off, but were very slow to follow the verbal abuse up with any kind of concrete action. I sat back and sipped on my Moccacino for a while and chuckled at his false bravado.


According to my map, I was now in the south-eastern section of empire:




I had been informed that the ISS people (whom I had not yet googled) were involved in a huge war that was taking place in 9UY4-H and I decided that I would head down there in a few days to seek their advice regarding the construction of a n00b outpost, whilst dodging nuclear warheads and evading malfunctioning grenades of the most vicious variety.

Just as I was planning how to avoid being podded by podee, I was unexpectedly contacted by a pilot who had heard of my IPO and eagerly wanted to make an investment:



Suffice to say, this particular investor decided to place his funds elsewhere. I was pleased by this because he was exactly the sort of person I did not want investing in INNOMINATE NEUTRALITY.


I would resolutely not be restrained by executive shackles.


Despite my corporate purse now becoming larger than an opera-singer's derriere, I resolved to maintain the care-free and fun attitude that had pervaded my adventure thus far, so I was extremely pleased that I had deterred him.

I was considering closing my IPO this Friday, so I decided that I would check my wallet to see the new list of shareholders from the past 48 hours, and would then set about dealing with Podee...




(to be continued...)

17 Comments:

Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

1567 shares have now sold.

The full screen shot of the latest shareholders is here:

http://dl.eve-files.com

/media/corp/Innominate/300.gif

3:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when will i get my shaaaaaaares
i want my shaaaaaaaaares where are my shaaaaaaaaares!

4:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that 17 lines down in your transactions, there is a manufacturing charge... whatcha makin' Innom??? you gonna fill us all in on the juicy tid bits :)

4:59 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Yep, it was a very exciting event, and will be revealed in my next post...

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.....

That means that you've got more than a cool billion in your wallet!?

Good luck with the noob outpost =)

6:17 pm  
Blogger Dan Nugent said...

I'm glad I found out about this before the IPO went up! I just bought a share in game!

6:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ISS is a sanitary waste company in australia-dealing with ladies 'special needs bins' , just FYI =D

8:46 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

LOL

Lets hope I "happen" to discover that when I google them.....

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, have any of the shares actualy been issued yet?

I'm somewhat curious as to whether you are running a scam or an actual IPO where people get their shares and then you do nothing at all after, as promised.

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about letting us shareholders vote on where you go next?

11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the real truth behind this is that you are Oveur, and this is all one big Heath Robinson-esque attempt at creating an ISK sink?

Damnit, as a shareholder I have the right to ask these tough uncompromising questions...

Whens the AGM btw?

12:00 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Shareholder demands already....

I have stated that your valuable stock in a corporation that does nothing at all will be issued when the IPO closes.

I know you are eager to get your certificates of authenticity and they will be with you by the weekend.

2:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a derivative suit in the works already. It's all chuckles and grins till the money comes into play.

3:19 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Time to squeeze on that executive stress toy I bought again.....

I need some valium.....

3:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another great post but i can not buy any shares as i am poor man :) Anyway good luck with your next adventures

3:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Innominate, you may want to remove the CPSA charge... it's bound to annoy some of those who wish to contact you and/or invest in your lethargy.

Tis but a thought...

4:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. ISS is a Danish(VIKING) company that has gone multi and now is on of the absolute biggest companies in the world

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home