Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 052 - The Wheels Of Industry

The Wheels Of Industry

I had enjoyed the company of Podee in the same way that a prisoner of war enjoys having wooden splinters rammed up his fingernails, and I had been glitteringly regaled by her tales of self-mutilation.

However, our new found friendship appeared not to have deterred her from fervently waiting to bring about my bitter and chilling death.

The discussion turned to what I could achieve with the vast fortune I was rapidly accumulating, and Podee suggested that I should go into the business of either reselling, or of manufacturing, in an area that is very close to my heart, and has formed a major part of my thrilling adventure:



I was astounded. Up until now I had always relied on others to supply me with my much needed shuttles. In some places I had paid truly extortionate amounts of money to acquire them and had never really stopped to consider the vast fortunes that were being forged behind the scenes by these unscrupulous vendors of overpriced miniature transportation devices.



I wondered just how many millions I had shelled out on shuttles during my adventure, and as the fury and violence built inside of me at the revelation that I had been viciously ripped off many times, I vowed there and then that I would start to build my own fleet of these vessels, and would liberate n00bs throughout the universe from this rampant and choking shuttle oppression.

I opened the mystical looking blueprint and stared at it in awe and wonder:




According to the document, all I needed to do was to acquire 3375 units of tritanium.....



.....to install a "job" at the station:



....and then my work was done.


The entire process took 90 minutes to complete, and at the end of it I was staring down at a brand new shuttle. To me this was a truly monumental achievement because for the very first time I had stepped up from being a consumer to being a producer.

I could feel the wheels of industry turning in my mind, and wondered if this event was to herald the beginning of a new career of financial dominance in the manufacture and distribution of glorious shuttles.


I hoped my shareholders would be excited.


While I was inspecting the result of my manufacturing job, to see if the resultant product was more defiantly defective than a dyslexic detective (*after thinking this I vowed to try thinking it the next time I was drunk), we began to discuss the areas of the map that Podee had wrought her own carnage and destruction upon:




I looked at my wallet and did some calculations.

My manufacturing job had cost me a total of 10,250 isk to produce a shuttle. However, the price of shuttles in this station was 9,000 isk. It would appear that as a n00b I was highly inefficient at this activity.


However, if I were to sell these shuttles in 0.0, I knew of many places where they would easily fetch 300k.


Perhaps this was my first ticket to corporate riches for my shareholders. I decided that I would do some more investigation into this area once my IPO had closed.

Some time later, I eventually agreed to let Podee complete her mission by dispatching me with a crushing but hearty pop:



It was then that I was very unexpectedly begged to agree to a duel by a testosterone filled street-urchin who lived in the rabid hell hole slums where I had placed my swish Ikea designer office:




(to be continued...)

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"he wears a muddy thong u know"

Say it aint so! ROFL

Coren

BTW, homerun on the shuttle idea. Now just strategically placing them throughout low sec.

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would take a long time to not only make those shuttles, but sell them. You won't probably even still be playing this game by the time you'd make your money back, Inno.

10:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant play EVE atm.. :( and cause of that reading the story from the beggining made my soul exited and my heart filled with pleasures of adventure.. like I almost were there with you(well at least in my imagination)!! As a matter of fact ... I dont have to play EVE, I can just read your stories;)

thanks for that M8:]

11:14 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Haristas, you will be in my thoughts as i bumble around the universe.

11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you 100 million for your very first produced shuttle

12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with the shuttles, although i still think that investing in an outpost is the best idea to help out noobs, you could sell your shuttles at this outpost

1:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why dont you just buy 100 shares instead of buying the shuttle? That seems like it may be more efficient, although I am not an expert... and... his corp does nothing...

and while I am on it.

I wonder how much his account would go for on ebay, there has to be some crazy eve-addict out there who just has to have our blessed scribe's character.

5:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you made eve news :) http://myeve.eve-online.com/mb/news.asp?nid=1260

5:47 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

I deny it all vigorously.

He absolutely did not descend from the skies in a god-like ship and materialise at the mercenary coalition headquarters while I was there, ask me if he could interview me and then ask me not to mention it until it was published......

Absolutely not.

6:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it on eve news!

6:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fiannly getting into the production side of things after all this time eh.

I would say the fact that shuttle wasn't profitable was maing because of that sill price for the trit. Use a buy order for it.

8:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a bit of ME (Material Efficiency) research on your bpo to reduce the amount of wasted trit on each run... and like the other guy said... find a cheaper source of raw material.

9:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Innominate Nightmare.. those words made my little dream come true. I bet there are others with their own little dreams, still looking at what you have done and what you will do, smiling to themselves as they see reflection of their own aims .. of what they always wanted to do... but never had enough courage...

4:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned it thus far, but if you train Production Efficience skill to level 5 it removes the wastage (25%) from production.
i.e. It reduces your material costs by 20%.

That is in addition to researching the ME level for the BPO as already mentioned.

Good Luck with your construction empire :)

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this line:
"I am a billionare CEO of a company that does nothing..."

Almost made me pee myself.

6:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Innom, Im the "Professional Student" that contacted you a few days ago. Kanbai. Im so glad I managed to meet you in during my 10 minutes of weekly game-play and Im even more glad that I somehow managed to gather the 1 million to buy that share. I may only have 313isk left... but learning skills costs me nothing anyway.

7:08 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Hi Kanbai, I remember you.

You are EVE's most casual player......

7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home