Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 074 - Core Philosophy

Core Philosophy

The next time I logged back in, I found a collection of Xelas and Celestial people in Local, who were firmly discussing the issue of smacktalking, in a somewhat heated manner.

I got the distinct impression that I had just missed an explosive argument, and thought it best not to resurrect the hostilities between these two warring factions.

A short while later, Celestial politely requested a fight:



The fight turned out to be not yet forthcoming, so I went to the system next door, which I had been informed was where Celestial were basing themselves. This system was also an NPC area, and formed part of a complex of systems that was known locally as "The Core".

Upon entering the system, I noticed a large number of Celestial pilots, and I was able to spend some time talking with them, and learning their views on the area and its diverse residents.



It would appear that Celestial Apocalypse's sole purpose in EVE was to harass and harangue the Band Of Brothers, and to mercilessly destroy anyone who was friends with them. As such, it became apparent to me that their conflict was only with Xelas by association, and that the real conflict was Celestial vs BOB.


Shortly thereafter, this was confirmed:




I was heartened to hear that they liked neutrals, and also that they did not fire on them, but I suspected that their valiant altruism was driven by their desire to annoy BOB and their allies. I couldn't quite work out whether this was a good thing or a bad thing, so I decided to just sit back and watch...



I had now heard both sides accuse the other of running away and I wondered if I had inadvertantly started a trend in noble fleeing...

Perhaps I was set to traverse the universe, distributing "Yellow Pills" and offering franchise opportunities for "Caldari Fried Chicken" stores. Like a chef who was considering changing careers to become an athlete, I licked my fingers for a good while as I mused over the merits of running...

To pass the time until the imminent fight began, I started to browse the market, and was very surprised to see large buy and sell orders for slaves, just 3 jumps away.



The buy order was 5% higher than the sell order, meaning that there was an instant 13 million isk profit to be made in running slaves just three jumps. I wondered what my friends in Ushra Khan would think of this discovery.

Eventually, I followed Celestial through the jumpgate, back to the system I was in orignally, at the centre of "Core", and I abruptly found myself being used as bait to start the brutal fight!




Why did I always find myself wedged between two warring alliances, both of whom I usually liked?


As far as I knew, Xelas had set me blue and Celestial did not shoot neutrals, so in theory I should be safe sitting in the middle of this war in my shuttle, and enjoying a nice front seat view of the wanton destruction and forceful carnage that was about to ensue.


A few minutes later, my screen terrifyingly looked like this:

CLICK TO VIEW IMAGE


I wondered if the Viking Gods of EVE had grabbed some holy felt-tip pens and some sacred crayons, and were scribbling on my screen, in an attempt to send me some kind of secret coded message that would reveal the location of the mystical entrance to Jove space.

The fight turned out to be more of a skirmish than a battle, and despite me being right in the thick of it, it did not become necessary for me to violently self destruct my shuttle on anyone.

I had now met all three factions who lived in Fountain, and I decided that it was time to begin my pilgrimage to the mythical land of Jove.


(to be continued...)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An illiterate guy named "USA4" spelling stuff like "advasary" and "punnks" should be shot.

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah damn, you were right next door and I never got to meet you :(

Oh well, next time you come.

P.S. USA4 has a dread, and i tend to respect people that can do over 15,000 damage per shot, whatever their spelling :D

10:46 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

No more than a couple of minutes after making this post (I'm still checking through it for typos) and there is a vicious flame above ^^^^

LOL.

I happened to like USA4 and spent some time talking with him.

10:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dread huh?
Let me rephrase then... *cof cof*


Very honestly and seriously now, it was not a flame, just a remark. It -is- a bit shameful to see a so big contrast between your awesome grammar abilities and .. hmm *remembers dread* ... "typos" like those.

;)

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - "couple of minutes"... that long?
As soon as i received the feed, i had to read it all, that's why i was so slow. heh.

PS2 - awesome as usual. don't forget to get some "knee shield boosters" for the pilgrimage... *pilgrims do kneel a lot, right?*

11:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post!
Try not to start any wars in jove space! :P

7:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno if my tin-foin is a bit thin but could it be that Inno is the one to open the floodgates to the new regions or even worse, upset the genetically atlered, somewhat unstable, Jove fleet?
Yeah, my tin-foil hat is thin...

8:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no do start some wars in Jove space get them to open up some portals that we can sneak through ;)

1:42 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Perhaps after 74 posts I'm a bit slow in saying this but all the anonymous posters can select "Other" when posting a comment and whatever name you then type in will be displayed above your comment.

I believe it does not require any kind of registration to do this.

If you don't want to post your in-game name then feel free to use a fun name like Tighty Tight or Queen Nutella Nutshella or Emilio Estevez instead......

Or you can just carry on using the anonymous option, if you prefer doing it incognito...

7:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We treat neutrals as friends" - ROFLMAO, real "Honest". Anyway, good luck on your journey to jove and hope that you won't be sprited away ^^

7:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again war follows thee, dark crow of the apocalypse. Xelas just lost an outpost.

Have fun

Ian

9:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and got it back, lost it, and got it back, lost it ...

You missed all the real fun inno :)

2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, good ol' A-1con. Or as I called it, A-1sauce. I didn't last a day in that damn system....

oh well

1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home