Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 077 - Ghost In The Machine (Part 3)

Ghost In The Machine (Part 3)

After having been brutally podded back to the system where I had previously spammed an office in Northern Empire, I had spoken with a kind pilot who was fond of triangles, and who had opened a channel with the Viking Sanodi, to inform him that he had accidentally blocked me.



By now I was becoming increasingly paranoid that spanners were being thrown into the works by those enigmatic deities who ruled over the inhabitants of EVE from their celestial thrones of omnipotence, millions of light-years away, in the depths of the great expanse.


I finally regained communication with Sanodi:




I had realised that in dying via a brutal podding at the hands of this Viking, I had managed to eliminate one possibility amongst the myriad potential routes to Valhalla.

I now knew that a different approach entirely was required, and I began to wonder what else could be done to achieve this most impossible of lofty and noble goals.



Perhaps in attempting to find the Gods, it was necessary to think in terms of the factions and races within EVE itself. In some of the faiths of Earth, it is believed by their followers that man was made in the image of the creator(s) and I wondered if there existed pilots in EVE who held this same idea.

If such people existed, they would believe that they were in direct contact with their Gods. Being a Caldari, who are not a religious race, perhaps my heritage and history made me ignorant of this secret theology of those in the know.


In this game, the religious cognoscenti are the Amarr...


I excitedly opened my map and decided on a route to Inflatable House. I eventually opted to use my jump-clone in The Distillery in Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate space, and I then plotted a thrilling journey through the ISS systems, to the maison that had more lift than Sir Isaac Newton's wife inhaling helium whilst wearing a wonderbra...


After greeting my friends at I.A.C and using shareholder funds to buy their entire supply of drugs...



...I resumed my journey and began to explore the map, to pass the time between jumps.


Not entirely unlike a man who was recovering from being hit by Thor's hammer, it always staggered me that there were so many systems to explore in this enchanting world of thunderous excitement.


Suddenly, I discovered the incredible:




The City of God was located in the system Shastal, in empire space, and despite the description claiming that this was a false God, I wondered if I should go there to discover the truth with my own eyes.

The soul of man has been described as the "Ghost In The Machine" and debate has raged amongst scientists for time immemorial as to whether such a thing exists.

If it was real, and if it was within me, then I would vow to try my hardest to let it guide me to my destiny, and if it did not exist then I would simply have the belief and courage in my own convictions, and would guide myself to the greatness that I believe could be achieved by all who were just willing to try.

As I pondered the philosophical implications that whatever I came to believe, it ultimately made no difference, so long as I tried my best to do well, I was suddenly confronted with 20 ice-hockey stick brandishing minions of Emilio Estevez, who tried to sell me an assortment of cut-price Young Guns DVDs.


I asked where Emilio was:

CLICK TO VIEW IMAGE


Amazingly, this D2 minion had revealed the location of a secret Black Hole in low-sec empire space, and I vowed that after meeting with the Amarr, I would valiantly throw myself into it.

An hour later, I learned something truly shocking...


(to be continued...)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

almost impossible to follow you around...... almost

-ErbUs-

7:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder how you would make out without the luxury of your jump clone

9:15 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Erbus, stop following me! LOL.

Anon, I recently travelled 100 jumps manually, purely for the hell of it, and I arrived at my destination successfully.

Without jump clones you can still "office spam" in NPC stations in major 0.0 regions.

Offices can be spammed in Venal, Great Wildlands, Stain and Fountain (amongst others) which covers the North, East, South and West of 0.0.

9:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black hole you say? Hmmmm, i think ill put my trade empire on hold to pay this a visit.

Any idea on what you are going to call your alliance yet?

12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm how about this for his alliance name:

"Innominate N00btrality"

3:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wait long enough, he will come to you.

/me preaches

I will also be visiting this phenomenon... as its on my front door and i have never been :(

8:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The minions of Emilio are everywhere in the south these days.

You should come visit NOS in Providence, Inno. Only 7 jumps from the Inflatable House. ;)

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contact a pilot called 'Sithsnak3'

He will lead you to the Jove.

12:29 pm  
Blogger Reaph said...

I have faith you will find the Viking Gods some day, Inno. You have accomplished the impossible on many occaission during your time in 0.0 space.

Looking forward to the next blog entry!

12:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be aware of the fact that Amarrians might also be exactly the wrong people to gain access to the Jove, having been the race who was brutally defeated by Jovians in a gigantic fleet battle at Vak-Atioth.

1:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Innominate!

You should read the shortstories on the eve-online-website. Perhaps they can give you hints to get into jove-space.
I learned from them, that the Jove broke contact to the empire after an incident with the amarr fleet and blew up the gates to their territory (in order to negate the influence of "The Order" on the empire, see "Theodicy"-shortstory).
I also learned that the Jove always helped the Minmatar and the Gallente and that their biggest enemy would be something called "The Order" which is way more powerful then the Jove.

Hope this helps you on your search for the holy grail/gate.

Cheers Gabriel Wingblade.

2:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. No you shouldn't come visit NOS. You are the harbinger of chaos and destruction. Stay away!

8:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quote: Hmm how about this for his alliance name:
"Innominate N00btrality" /quote

"Innominate N00btralala" :D

10:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

humm i thought i read the Jovians were in a civil war with themselves, concering their genetic manipulations and mutations... and thus destoyed all contact with others to save the other races.?

btw slow down and enjoy the drrinks and tasties innom! i can barely keep up with your escapades! cheers!

11:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I went to that stupid system closest to the black hole... there was nothing there... seriously sucked for a trip to go see something... Maybe it was just black... and blended in with space or something.

-Nate

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home