Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 021 - In Good Company

In Good Company

I began to realise that Tasti was a safe place.

It was safe in the same way that I had heard that sitting in a hauler with 10,000 m/3 of Zydrine in the Jita system is safe. I was given further evidence of just how safe this system was when I witnessed a very scary looking shrouded individual enter the system, shortly after I had arrived.



He was enough to strike fear into the heart of many a n00b. For the next two hours he constantly prowled around between Tasti and the adjoining systems. I was beginning to wonder if this was the grim reaper, sent by Lou Cypher to come and collect my soul.


Had my contract with the evil one expired already?


I spent a few more hours in Tasti, training some essential skills that were required in order to purchase other skill books. In total I believe I acquired somewhere in the region of 50 volumes, the most important of which I considered to be "Informorph Psychology".

Apparently, this wondrous ability would allow me to create a dazzling assortment of "jump clones" all over the universe. I was indeed excited by this prospect and was reminded of Michael Keaton in the classic film Multiplicity.

The Grim Reaper had not swung his stainless-steel scythe at me yet so I figured that now would be a good time to flee to the south. I called up my map to see if it was possible to plot a course through the 0.1-0.4 empire systems, in order to randomly find a way of entering the southern climes.


Some time later, this is what I had come up with:




An alternate route was also possible, the first 16 jumps being the same, but the final entry point being a system starting with "7Q". Either would be fine by me, and if necessary I would launch a series of relentless shuttle invasions until I broke through one of them in a clueless but sparkling manner.

Fifteen jumps later, I safely docked in Heild, just four short jumps from 0.0. Heild was also stocked with educational reference material so I stayed there for a while longer, whilst training some more skills.

I had been thinking about my docking rights problems with the cult of Emilio and had been informed that "because I was in a n00b corp" it would not be possible for them to be granted.

Issuing these rights would mean that they would be inadvertantly granting them to everyone in the State War Academy, thus opening the floodgates for legions of n00bs to beseige them in an onslaught of epic proportions.

I knew that if I was going to be living in 0.0, it would be essential to have the ability to dock in various places. In order to solve this problem I hit upon the idea of creating my own corporation.

It was with a teary eye that two minutes later I had left the State War Academy, having never entered a single syllable into their corporate chat and INNOMINATE NEUTRALITY was born:



I also made the decision that this corporation would be for my own personal use and would not be accepting any members.

I considered that if I was going to be asking for docking rights throughout the EVE universe, it was very imporant that I remain neutral. Having members in my corporation could potentially compromise this neutrality.

I was hopeful that the various corporations and alliances that I had met so far would now be able to set positive standings with me, should they choose to do so, thus enabling me to feel like the subject of an immortal song by Eiffel 65.....


"Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside"



As I sat on my fence and pondered my future, I felt like Switzerland. It was then that I noticed the shocking chat in Local..


(to be continued...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can install jumpclones only in stations belonging to corporations whose standing to you is more than 8.0.

So training skill wont make much sense.

2:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure the bible thumpers would give him 8.0 standing for their stations, so that their priests would get a chance to try and sway him. Also training the skill would mean that if he does get sufficient standing, that use of jump clones could be implemented immediately, no need to go in search of a skill book, and get podded another 10 times.

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home