Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 016 - The Results Show

And the winner is.......

With a whopping 40% of the vote: THE SOUTH.

A total of 940 exasperating votes were cast. Thank you to everyone who took the time to exercise their democratic right in this blisteringly exciting poll of my random meanderings.......

It is therefore, with the greatest of unbridled happiness, that I announce that I am to now to set a 100+ jump course, circumnavigating the 0.5+ systems, in order to make my way to somewhere random in the south, whilst, at all times, strictly adhering to my rule of staying in low security space..... Ah, the joys...........

After hearing the wondrous result of this crucial public poll, I thought I would get a head-start on my stunning journey south. Within two minutes of having departed I was bitterly and ruthlessly attacked by a ravagingly insane baguette-brandishing French woman:



The encounter gave me an instant flashback to the eye-full of buxom gallic satanic beauties I had met earlier in the week and I had a sudden image of the busty wenches standing atop each other vertically.


It could be alleged that I was imagining a visit to the eye-full tower......


It could also be alleged that the above is quite possibly the worst joke to ever have appeared in this story. Hold onto your hats, ladies and gentlemen, there may yet be more to come......

I am going to have oodles and lashings of spare time on my hands, now that you, the kind old reader, have voted for the furthest destination possible.....

Perhaps I envision myself as a young Captain Cook, in the late 1760s, being sent to observe the transit of Venus across the Sun and discovering the coastline of a wondrous new world.

So I set off now, in my little shuttle, like a pioneer breaking new ground. There is a genuine sense of excitement about me, as I wonder what celestial marvels I will encounter in the Australia of EVE. I am looking forward to the thrilling new discoveries I am about to make.

I feel as excited as a McDonalds employee on their first day, being shown how to pour grease into the onion rings fryer.

In closing this chapter, I quote Christopher Columbus:


"Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World."



(to be continued......)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left eve about 18 months ago, but reading your blog tempts me to coming back again. You are doing exactly the right thing by just going out there and venturing deep. Too many people who join spend months, even years in safe space and miss most of what eve has to offer.

Wishing you all the best mate!

Keep up the good work.

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve been reading this since your very first post on the forums. This is by far the best EVE related blog or written piece, I hope when you are finally finished the devs either sticky your forum thread and add the complete posting to the chronicles section of the site.

Anyway keep going, and have fun
:D

10:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the point of your journey was to find a home, but it seems like it has turned into more of a travel blog. You're really not succeeding if you're just going places to visit. Though if you tried to make some isk along the way...

2:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate!

Why are you not trying to make a home for yourself ? Join a corp, mine something, go run some pirate missions. Your just traveling this isn't helping your wallet!

8:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate!

Why are you not trying to make a home for yourself ? Join a corp, mine something, go run some pirate missions. Your just traveling this isn't helping your wallet!

8:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should let him decide what to do. His wallet must be doing ok seeing as he hasn't needed to mine or anything yet. Or maybe he HAS been mining/doing missions and just not writing them in his blog. I know that if I want to read about mining/missions I'll just go do them myself :P
Keep going mate, the next few weeks are gonna be interesting, I can tell :)

9:48 am  
Blogger CB Cyrix™ said...

Right, set you clone for Chaven, then IF they do pod you, you will end up in empire anyway.

Also once in stain, dont forget to set your clone local, or else you will be back up north when you die...

9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first started playing Eve, I made a few bucks, grabbed a shuttle and set out on a walk about. I wanted to go harmlessly see the Eve universe.
In an unarmed shuttle I made 32 jumps out of Lonetrec space on my way to the bar at the bottom of the universe just in awe of the sights and the folks I encountered along the way.
My first jump into 0.0 space was the end of my walk about. There at the next gate sat a ship with positive rating. With out a word he fired on me. Never meeting this person before I franticly tried to type in local chat that I meant no harm and was just passing through but before I could even hit the enter key, My ship was gone. That not being enough of a challenge to the low life, he then attacked my pod and sent me on my way home with out a word.

The cost of my walk about? A clone and implants.

The moral of my story? There are some wonderful sights to be seen in Eve and it’s a shame there is not a safe way for new folks to Eve to see them. There are “For the most part” some wonderful people to meet in Eve. But there are some players that do NOT embrace the game as the wonder that it truly is. They are simply spineless wimps with allot of hours in the game that will put grate effort into clicking on you to see the pretty lights when you blow up. No reason, No provocation, No challenge. NO honor! And it only takes ONE to end your journey.

5:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody pod this guy ^^^

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog, expecting to hear of far more poddings in low sec empire space than in 0.0 tbh. In reply to some comments above about settling down and mining, this char is aiming to experience and explore Eve, not make money.

To the author - I'd just like to offer my admiration for not only an idea well thought of and executed, but also documented in such a humours and readable manner, keep it up!

11:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice to read mate, cant wait for the next part. From time to time I check your topic. But I will also bookmark this blog. Really nice read

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home