Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Eve Online 0.0 Experiment - Post 090 - Delving Into Robert

Delving Into Robert

I sat back for a while on the upper deck of the Dark & Light outpost, the twinkling stars forever ejecting their enticing shards of rippling hypnotic light through the luminiferous ether in the distance.

Thoughts of sweet sentimentality and warmth gently drifted in and out of my consciousness, and I took a long moment to acknowledge all the pilots who had helped and assisted me in my flight of a lifetime through the incredible starlanes of EVE.

I sipped on a cool drink of Quafe with a dash of lime, and entered into a conversation with a pilot called "Nemon v3", who explained to me that he was the leader of the Dark & Light alliance (and also that English is not his first language).

Like a footballer with concussion, Nemon then decided to use a very bizarre analogy to explain why it is always a good thing to have goals to work towards...



I asked him how his station was faring, being wedged in between ASCN and BoB. He explained to me that their situation was actually strategically sound, due to the fact that ASCN are unable to directly jump capital ships from the "Paragon Soul" region to the "Period Basis" region.

I had enjoyed my time with D&L and the British Space Corps, and had found those whom I had met to be a great bunch of people. I finally left their space feeling very glad to have met them.

A few days later, I headed northwards in my journey towards the ancient and mystical territory of the Band Of Brothers.

During my time in EVE, no single alliance had been mentioned to me with such perpetual fear and terror than BoB. Every single pilot who had ever told me about them had done so whilst shaking even more than the Shaking Sheikh drinking milkshake at a "Shake-Yer-Booty" contest at the Shakespeare theatre on the banks of Shake Lake...

As my little shuttle sped faster and faster towards my date with Robert, I wondered how the most feared alliance in the game would react to me turning up unannounced at the walls of their gleaming citadel.


Finally, I terrifyingly arrived at the holy BoB HQ:




For some inexplicable reason my ship started violently shivering and shaking, out of a tremendous n00by fear of imminent death. The phenomenon suddenly spread from the ship to my fingers, and without thinking I frantically grabbed a blackboard in order to steady them.


This was a screeching big mistake...


I quickly logged out of the game, and didn't have the courage to come back until several days later, when my heart rate had returned to a more acceptable 90 beats per minute.

Upon logging back in, I suddenly found myself staring directly into the eyes of one of the very leaders of the Band Of Brothers. I was speaking with no other than one of the high controllers of Robert himself...


I decided to begin our conversation by shamelessly flattering him:




The leaders of ASCN (CYVOK) and of BoB (SirMolle) both now owned a Titan, and a considerable amount of fuss had been made in the EVE community over why BoB seemed more willing to deploy theirs in battle. ASCN had been more reluctant, due to the fact that the Titan is apparently bugged in some horrific manner.

I spent some considerable time talking with Blacklight, whom I was starting to like a lot. I asked him if he could teach me the history of his alliance:



BoB's situation was similar to many of the other alliances whom I had met in my travels. Even though EVE is only 3.5 years old, corps and alliances tend to have very short shelf-lives, and many alliances' histories are inextricably intertwined as a result.


I enquired as to why BoB had become so successful:




A few minutes later, I directly asked them the ultimate question...


(to be continued...)

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... a noob station in BoB's space?

12:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that Nemon guy. He makes sense good :)

1:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as long as the answer's not 42... <_<

4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemmi guess, whos gonna win the war?

8:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah he's gonna ask how many of BoB are not devs...

... to which the answer could well be 42...

8:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ultimate Question?
Did SirMolle, or did SirMolle not contrive this war in a secret meeting with Cyvok?

What's the damage report on your fans following you through D&L Space?
love the story, keep up the great work.

10:29 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Some good potential ultimate question candidates there ^^^

10:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is an unacceptable amount of time between posts. resolve immediatly please

5:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Angelis666 pods anonymous*

It will be done when its done!

7:54 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

I'll come out there in my Ibis and pod him too...

8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ibis? No more shuttles? :)

Btw, does INNOMINATE NEUTRALITY have a business plan yet?

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's had a business plan from day one. Its objective is to collect the most dust in the entire EVE-verse.

10:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ultimate Question: Is Cyvok SirMolles alt? Now THAT would be a twist!

2:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, the Band of Brothers alliance. The way the EVE cluster speaks of them, one would almost think they were touched by God; something holy and revered, less than gods themselves but greater than mere men; swift and terrible when the sounds of war tremble the very firmament, striking without mercy before fading back into their lands like wraiths upon the wind, leaving ruin and whispers.

Most revered among all wars throughout our tattered history: the Great Northern War. Recall the glory of noble conflict, of a great Pheonix who aimed to cover the North with wings outstretched, and the courageous men and women who challenged the inferno, immolated by the flames of war into a force greater than the cluster had known before or since.

But then again, war is sweet to those who have never truely experienced it. Praise them, admire them, yet weep for them, for war is a millstone, after which a man may never be the same, good or ill.

5:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is SirMolle an alt of CYVOK or is it vice versa ?

Will the Goon capital ships conquer EVE within the next 2 years ?

Is CCP running the macro miners themselves for some added income on ebay ?

Will the Blood Raiders be introduced as White Wolf's "Vampires" in Revelations III ?

Have fun

Ian

10:08 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Very poetic, Rilariel.

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rilariel,
I'd think of BoB more on the Demonic side, than touched by God.
I doubt God would touch something as Vile as that collection of heathens.
But your speech IS very poetic. It is sad to see the forces of evil have blinded one as gifted as you.

11:21 pm  
Blogger EVEAries said...

Please, it's all so simple. You're all putting far too much work in mulling over the ultimate question to the ultimate answer.

The ultimate question of course, is that th--- [Cluster Shutting Down in 3... 2... 1.]

2:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the ultimate question is inno asking for a beer, unless that is simply absurd in an incredibly surdy manner. but i don't think so :)

1:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inno, remember that after the 28th you have 8 new regions to go to, and alot of alliances will be pouring into them, be a good place to meet some new alliances

4:43 pm  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

I'll be posting the next part when the forum goes back up after the patch deployment.

6:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's up, you lied to us inno.
Infact, i think you're secretly conceiving a plot to pay your share holder's dividends. . . .
that would make you a scammer.
a scammer and a lier

2:05 am  
Blogger 0.0 Experiment said...

Angry, I fell asleep shortly after the patch went live, lol.

The next part of my story has now been heroically deployed, haha.

5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great having you down for a visit in E2. Come back any time to hang out!

Serielle
D-L

4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home